Are you using Twitter in your social media marketing efforts?
Or are you totally bewildered by the platform and you are not sure what it is capable of doing for your small business?
If you are, then I am expecting this post will get you on board with signing up for and trying this platform out.
To truly unleash the power of social media management of Twitter, you must dedicate yourself to learning the tricks of the trade.
This usually requires a generous learning curve and a fair amount of trial and error.
However, if you’re looking for a fast-track to social media success, Twitter may be the best place to start.
It’s one of the most heavily trafficked sites on the Web, and it is known as the place where Internet news breaks first.
At first look, the possibility of utilizing Twitter for advertising and marketing doesn’t look so great.
In 2018, the stage’s development really declined from a pinnacle of around 336 million month to month dynamic clients down to 321 million.
For a web-based life stage, this isn’t an incredible exhibition, particularly when contrasted with others like Facebook and Instagram who are developing at a fast pace.
Let’s break down Twitter with its statistics first;
Twitter user demographics
- Twitter has 321 million active monthly users. (Statista, 2018)
- 40% of Twitter’s user base is made up of people between the ages of 18-29. (Statista, 2018)
- 27% of Twitter’s user base is made up of 30-49-year-olds. (Statista, 2018)
- Only 19% of people in the U.S between the ages of 40-64 use Twitter. (Statista, 2018)
- The remaining 8% of Twitter’s user base falls into the age group 65+. (Statista, 2018)
- In 2017, 53% of Twitter users were male. (Statista, 2017)
- In 2017, 47% of Twitter users were women. (Statista, 2017)
- 24% of all internet male users use Twitter, whereas 21% of All Female Internet users use Twitter. (Pewinternet, 2015)
- Over 79% of Twitter users reside outside of the U.S. (S22.q4cdn, 2018)
- Since Twitter’s launch in 2006, 1.3 billion accounts have been created. (Brandwatch, 2019)
- Every month, Twitter has 500 million people visit the site without logging in. (Blog.Twitter, 2015)
Twitter user growth rate
- In 2015, Twitter’s entire user base grew by 7.8%. (Statista, 2019)
- In 2016, Twitter’s user base grew by 4%. (Statista, 2019)
- In 2017, Twitter’s user base grew a total of 3.4%. (Statista, 2019)
- In 2018, Twitter’s user base grew by a total of 2.9%. (Statista, 2019)
- In 2019, Twitter’s total users increased by only 2.6% (Statista, 2019)
- The average twitter user has 707 followers. (Twitter, 2016)
- Around 80% of active users access the site via mobile app. (Brandwatch, 2019)
- Over 500 million tweets are sent daily. (Business.Twitter, 2018)
- When customers complain on Twitter, only 3% of the customers will mention the company directly (also known as @-ing the company.) (Marketingland, 2018)
- In 2018, Twitter reported that they had a 50% increase in ad engagement. (Business.Twitter, 2018)
- Twitter ads have proven to be 11% more effective than TV ads. (Business.Twitter, 2018)
- Twitter has seen a decline of 14% in cost per engagement. (Business.Twitter, 2018)
- Roughly 40% of Twitter users say they purchased an item because of an influencer’s tweet. (Hootsuite, 2019)
- Using only one hashtag on Twitter makes your tweet 69% more likely to be retweeted. (Postcron, 2018)
- Around 15% of Twitter users will unfollow a business within three weeks if the company doesn’t make an active Twitter ad to engage the target. (Postcron, 2018)
- 80% of reviewers found Twitter to be a platform that met their ease of doing business, 7% below competitor averages. (G2Crowd, 2019)
Twitter send rate
- Twitter averages 6,000 tweets every second. (Internetlivestats, 2019)
- The record for most tweets sent in a second is 143,199 in August 2013. (Twitter, 2013)
- The Twitter user base sends 350,000 tweets per minute. (Internetlivestats, 2019)
- Twitter users combined send about 200 billion tweets per year. (Internetlivestats, 2019)
While there are hundreds of unique features, capabilities, and tips, the following some tricks are all you need to become a Twitter expert.
Here are 6 EasyTips for Using Twitter for your business:
- Create a kickass Twitter profile for your business. Some tips on how this can be done are provided in the article.
- Search for all the “influential people” who are in your industry and start following them. Please be sure to communicate with them now and then, or as much as you possibly can.
- Retweet helpful tips, articles, resources, and other information to your Twitter followers. Trust me, your followers will love you for this.
- Apart from that, social media is an essential part of your overall internet marketing strategy, which involves SEO as well.
- Tweet on a 3daily basis. I suggest at least 2 or 3 times a day. And follow the trends.
- Network with other like-minded individuals in your business niche.
Strategizing Through Twitter
A well-created system is an establishment for progress—and it’s what isolates the best brands on Twitter from the likewise ones.
Without a reasonable strategy, you will sit around idly and cash tweeting without an unmistakable comprehension of how your exercises are helping your association meet its objectives.
Also, when it comes time to audit your presentation, you’ll battle to demonstrate what you’ve accomplished.
Furthermore, that will make it challenging to present the defense for expanding your group size or spending plan.
To the uninitiated, Twitter can still seem like an untamed frontier. With more than 340 million tweets posted every day, the sheer volume of information alone can be overwhelming.
There’s plenty a business owner or brand strategist can do to market itself on Twitter, but more than anything, it can be a fantastic listening platform.
Search for your brand’s name on Twitter once in a while; you may be surprised what people are saying. And don’t be afraid to respond, either.
This social network can also be a wonderful place to connect with other green industry professionals, trade associations, and other thought leaders.
You can swap new ideas and best practices, find out what’s happened at trade shows and garden center tours, and keep up with industry news.
Target Industry Keywords
So your tweets show up in relevant searches. Thanks to tools like the Google Keyword Planner, it’s easy to find out what your followers are interested in.
Create A Follow List
For some, Twitter is less about gaining followers and more about having access to a streamlined, real-time newsfeed.
If you want to narrow your focus and have your feed only display certain content, you can create a follow list. You can then manually control which accounts are displayed.
Related Article: “15 Tips That Will Make You A Twitter Marketing Maestro”
Learn To Curate
Learning how to curate content is an important skill on Twitter. By being able to put a new spin on old information, you can push out fresh content without spending hours thinking about it.
John Lusher tweets Tweet of the day every day to engage his followers in a healthy manner.
Strike A Balance
For Tweeters, there is a fine line to walk between not tweeting enough and tweeting too often. According to one suggestion, you should never Tweet more than 14 times per day or once per hour.
Perfect For Small Businesses
Twitter is right in your email newsletter. You can take all the information that you’re already sending to your customers each week and spread it across several tweets.
You can also tweet a lot of facts or tips about your business. Those are easier to come up with and are often quickly retweeted. But you also want to promote any news, sales, or promotions that have to do with your business.
Finally, look for content on any blogs that you read. If your company already has a blog, share your posts with your followers.
Twitter is a lot about sharing links and sharing content, so feel free to tweet as much of that content as possible.
Why Have People Unfollowed You?
You’re A Self-promoter
Lots of people mentioned that they were turned off by Twitter users who do nothing but promote their own content.
While lots of us have businesses and blogs we’re trying to get the word out about, it’s essential that you also take time to listen and support what everyone else is doing.
You don’t want to be the guy that puts the “me” in social media.
You’re Too Unprofessional
Too much tweeting about how drunk you got last night, whom you were with or how much you hate your coworkers tends to make everyone a little uncomfortable.
And then they unfollow you, so they don’t have to feel uncomfortable anymore.
You Auto-Direct-Message (DM)
Nothing hurts more than choosing to follow someone you think is cool and then being hit with the dread auto spam DM. Ouch.
You’re A Link Dropper
If you’re all links and no talk, you’re not providing much value to your Twitter stream. And people aren’t going to stick around for very long.
Use Twitter Management Tools
Holding a social media marketer reputation, it’s a challenging job to handle all your social media channels, even managing Twitter alone matures hectic when you have a global public following you.
So you require to schedule your content to fit different time zones, recur tweets to engage more audience and increase interaction.
Utilizing the energy of Twitter needs some third-party applications that demand into account the characteristics lacking in the native app directly.
Several Twitter superintendence tools are incurred for better utilization of social media
One of such emerging social media management tools is Social Champ, that enables you to schedule twitter post, retweet and quote your tweets, giving you an upper hand in managing your Twitter marketing.
Learn more about Managing Twitter Using Social Champ!
What will the Management Tools Do?
- Generate leads by getting to know more about the people relating with your brand, why they’re forwarding your content, and who they’re sharing it with.
- Find industry influencers to share your experience with.
- Analyze your competition to see detailed information on their tweets, mentions, hashtags, followers, and more.
- Search trending topics by content, hashtags, search terms, sources, and more.
- Edit and add images to your tweets. Or GIFs are always the best way to go!
- Manage who you follow (and unfollow) to add valuable new information to your Twitter feed—and remove inactive and spammy followers.
- Time your posts for maximum impact with tools that analyze both your tweets and your followers’ tweets.
Twitter, Or Facebook?
How is the content that you share on Twitter different from the material that you share on other social media sites, like Facebook?
Facebook is more about people and about the profile of the brand, where Twitter is more about content and links. Twitter is a sharing platform. It’s much more about the content that you give and less of an engagement platform than Facebook, which is much more interactive.
Growing genuine after on Twitter takes more than conveying Tweets at whatever point your organization has an item being discharged or an up and coming occasion.
It’s tied withdrawing in with your intended interest group and collaborating with them.
Fruitful Twitter promoting is incredible. In the event that you can turn into a star with this quick-paced long range informal communication platform, you’ll open new chances to develop your business on the web.
The idea of achieving many leads through a free web-based life stage sounds interesting, isn’t that so?
In any case, how would you really guarantee you’re creating fabulous substance those individuals will need to interface with?
Twitter is a different stage with a lot of chance for your image. By seeing how to make and use content that interests your Twitter crowd, you can make a social nearness that causes you to sell your item or administrate them efficiently.
It’s ideal for getting comfortable with the nuts and bolts before you bounce in.
Twitter esteems short substance that still has character, so it’s a smart thought to incorporate drawing in visuals and relevant hashtags to perform well.
You can likewise communicate with followers by facilitating surveys or retweeting their substance all alone feed.
As you advance, you can begin executing further developed procedures to help extend your development openings.
Striking the correct harmony between your exceptional voice and a conversational style is prescribed. Or on the other hand, connect with an influencer whose voice can loan weight to your endeavors.
At long last, begin looking into to make a posting plan that works for your image. By posting every now and again and at best possible time, you can make an inescapable brand on Twitter that enables your computerized advertising endeavors to develop.
Even though Twitter is little, it’s the ideal stage for organizations that need to sell their image. It might require investment to pick up footing, however, once it begins working, you’ll never think back.